Creating the perfect everyday waves used to be a huge struggle for me! I was constantly attempting to curl my hair, and I tried everything. I used a 1 inch curling iron, a 1 ¼ inch curling iron, a straightening iron, you name it, I tried ever tool! Yet, I couldn’t figure out how to get the end result I was looking for: Perfect Everyday Casual Effortless Waves for my thick but fine long hair. My natural hair is wavy, but I always want soft natural waves.
My life changed when I (finally) purchased a 1.5 inch Curling Iron. I was able to use my style technique with the 1.5 inch barrel to achieve my desired look, having the perfect everyday, casual, effortless hair waves. To note, it’s important to have a curling iron that reaches enough heat. I set my curling iron on 380 to 420 degrees F. I find this to be the quickest way, along with holding the curl.
Here’s How I Got The Perfect Effortless Waves:
- Start with clean hair
- Grab about a 1 inch section of your hair starting towards the crown of your head
- You can totally switch up the amount of hair you grab, which will enhance the look of an effortless curl
- Start in the top center of your hair and work the curl down the roller with the 1.5 inch curling iron
- Meaning… don’t start at the bottom of your hair, make sure you start towards the center between your head and bottom of your hair
- This will ensure you get a more even curl
- Hold the hair between 5 to 10 seconds
- Be sure to check the temp of your hair! DO NOT hold for too long or you may burn off your hair
- Next to the curl you first completed, grab another section and curl it in the opposite direction
- This is the KEY to using your 1.5 inch curling iron and getting the perfect waves!
- Be sure to get the underneath part of your hair, as well
- If it’s easier to use a hair clip – go for it!
- At the top front section, curl away from your face
- This creates a more open look
- Repeat this process throughout the rest of your hair, rolling the curling iron away from your face and towards your face every other section
- Just don’t forget to do the front section curls away from your face!
- Finish the look with a little bit of hair spray (this is my favorite)
Using my 1.5 inch Curling Iron has really changed how I do my hair and everyday style! You can definitely get away with a 2nd day hair day with this look, as well. Just touch up as you need the next morning. I refresh my hair with some Dry Shampoo (I love this one) on day 2.
My final look!