Happy May 29! Better known as my birthday. I actually can’t believe I’m turning 32 today (I suppose that means I’m officially INTO my 30s!). I thought it would be fun to share 32 facts about me for my 32nd birthday!
Have the BEST day my friends!
- I have a twin sister who obviously is busy celebrating her bday today, too!
- My nickname is Meliss, but I hate being called Mel (with one or two friend exceptions that it’s super endearing). My best friends call me Miss, Meliss, or Meesa.
- I was born with blonde wavy hair, but have added color to it since I was 13. My twin sister has straight dark brown hair – and yes we’re fraternal twins!
- My first job was as a coach for toddler gymnasts and cheerleaders when I was just 14 years old
- I did competitive gymnastics for 12 years and competitive cheer for 3
- I took singing lessons in 2nd grade… let’s just say I was not a natural and I haven’t sang since
- I played the flute for a year and clarinet for a year. I’m completely musically illiterate.
- I have two pups Maddie & Thelma – neither of which we planned to adopt but they’re the biggest blessing and run our entire world!!
- I met my husband in 2003 (do the math right I was 16!) at summer camp
- For undergrad, I attended to the University of Arizona (GO CATS!!), where I was a microbiology major for 3/4 years. I needed to raise my GPA (lol) so I switched to interdisciplinary studies. My intention was to go to dental school, but I became bored of all the sciences and realized it was not my life’s dream.
- I moved to NYC in 2011 for 4 years. Best decision of my life! I lived alone for 2 years in a tiny 300 square food studio apartment and loved it. Then moved in with my husband (who was my boyfriend) for 2 until we relocated to AZ in 2015.
- I have my MBA! I got earned it working full time in just 1.5 years and got over a 3.9 GPA (accounting ruined my straight As).
- I’ve had the same two best friends since first grade! I’m currently hustling to get them to move back to AZ (B and K if you read this please move home!!!)
- If it wasn’t for my best girlfriends, I wouldn’t have ever started Always Meliss! (check out the post here).
- I cannot fly on an airplane without welches gummies!! No I don’t want another brand – thanks.
- I once met Paris Hilton in Vegas in the bathroom. I completely ran after her when I saw her go in. She was actually extremely nice and let my friends Kim, Justine and I take a pic with her!
- I’m always down for happy hour!! Just tell me where and when.
- Beer or champaign is my drink of choice. If I had to pick a cocktail, definitely a Moscow Mule!
- My favorite color is pink
- I almost never wear silver jewelry, it’s just not me. My wedding rings are rose gold and most of my jewelry is gold.
- I would be completely fine with wearing sparkles and glitter every day if it was socially acceptable.
- My favorite food is sushi and pizza (not together but if it were it’d be ok with me too).
- Most people would be surprised to learn in totally fine with being in public with no makeup on. In fact if I’m not going out with friends or shooting for the blog, I’m not wearing makeup.
- The best beauty hack is ice cubes on your face in the morning (watch my stories, you’ll see!!!) (fave tool here).
- My hubby and I dream of one day owning a house in AZ and an apartment in New York so we can go back and have a home whenever we want to! And to take Maddie and Thelma with obviously!!
- In high school I had braces for all 4 years! I got them off literally 1 week before prom and graduation. So I am insane with taking care of them!
- I take my coffee black and unsweetened.
- Powdered sugar makes me want to vomit! I can’t deal with the consistency. So gross to me!
- I’m not a picky eater but I do try and eat healthy! However if there’s one food I could eat every day…. it’s sushi or pizza
- My favorite place to travel is the Caribbean and I’m always down to go on a cruise!!
- I’m surprisingly laid back, but since I’m “excitable” and speak my mind people think I’m type A.
- I actually dread my birthday! I feel extremely uncomfortable celebrating myself, BUT am so honored you would take the time to read through my 32 facts. Hopefully I didn’t bore you to death!
Have the BEST Wednesday friends!