A special thank you to Majestic Pure for sponsoring this blog post! I am using affiliate links, and greatly appreciate your support in using them.
Who has heard of essential oils? I feel like most of us HAVE heard of them, but have you tried them? It wasn’t until my mother-in-law bought me a diffuser and essential oils kit last holiday season, until I finally got into it! I actually had owned a diffuser for years, and straight up never used it. I didn’t have any oils, and I certainly didn’t understand the benefits.
Truthfully last year was one of the most difficult years personally, that I’ve ever gone through. My mother-in-law truly knew the diffuser would help me in more ways than one! Since last winter, I’ve been religiously using that diffuser every single day and actually stocked up on essential oils for more reasons than one! In fact, there’s multiple ways I’ve been using my essential oils and I’m going to share how it’s changed my life AND it will change yours too! Today I’m sharing 7 life changing ways to use essential oils and why everyone should use them.
Table Of Contents
What are Essential Oils
Benefits of Essential Oils
7 Ways to Use Essential Oils
Which Essential Oils to Get and Where to Buy
What Are Essential Oils
An essential oil is primarily a naturally derived concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing plant chemicals. 100% pure and natural oils (like this one) are non-toxic, unfiltered and undiluted with no added fillers. Oils can be used for a number of reasons, and are extremely beneficial to your overall health! So let’s get into the benefits…
Benefits of Essential Oils
Now that you’re well rehearsed in what essential oils are, I feel like the main value prop really is the benefits of essential oils. Truthfully, I had heard many people rave about how great essential oils are for you, but truly didn’t understand why. Transparently, I had been using them weekly at my acupuncture sessions and had no idea! My acupuncturist always has some amazing oils, and I fall asleep on the table every time. It’s no wonder why!
Ok ok, so here are the top 10 benefits of using essential oils:
- Mood boosting
- Reduce stress
- Decrease anxiety
- Kills off bacteria, funguses and viruses.
- Reduce anxiety and pain
- Improves sleep
- Helps with relaxation
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce nausea when not feeling well or pregnant
- Relieve headaches
Among many other benefits!
Of course different oils (scents/flavors) have different purposes. My favorites are citrus and lavender. I use them for different reasons and will explain below!
7 Ways to Use Essential Oils
I personally use essential oils multiple ways. They’ve helped me eliminate many toxins in my life, as well! I no longer use heavily fragranced perfume (which by the way, is SUPER toxic!), my sheets smell better than ever, and I find myself waking up in a much better mood once my diffuser is going. So without further ado, here are the 7 life changing ways to use essential oils:
- Aromatherapy in a diffuser
- When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is come downstairs, make my matcha, and turn on my oil diffuser. I’ve noticed this really calms me, and feels uplifting and energizing. I used to wake up stressed out and feeling like no matter what time I woke up, I had a ton of stuff to do and I wasn’t going to get it done. I now can sit down with my matcha, open my emails and plan my day without feeling stressed out or overwhelmed! THIS is the oil I’ve been using most often in the mornings.
- Massage: Dilute with a carrier oil such as Coconut/Almond oil and enjoy a therapeutic massage.
- Mixing a little bit of healthy fragrance with coconut or almond oil smells amazing! Not to mention, if you and your significant other treat each other to massages – this is a really healthy/yummy way to improve the experience.
- Grapefruit oil is known to ease Muscle Fatigue, so even if you’re massing oil into your sore spots, add a little grapefruit to it!
- Natural Laundry Fragrance
- 2 years ago, I completely cleared out my house of as many toxic fragrances as possible! Laundry detergents often are created with harmful chemicals. I completely swapped to the non-toxic brand Dropps, and use their unscented detergent. However, I really wanted to have my laundry smell fresh and delicious. All you have to do is use 5 to 10 drops of oil where you’d typically put detergent and I swear your laundry will smell incredible!!
- I use the Majestic Pure Grapefruit for all of our clothes and the Majestic Pure Lavender oil for all of our sheets and towels.
- As a perfume substitute on your body (behind ears, on neck, wrist… where you’d place perfume)
- It’s been said that many synthetic fragrances are toxic, so last year I swore off as many synthetic fragrances as possible! I swapped out my favorite perfume for a more natural one, and started using essential oils in place of fragrance. I feel much better with this decision and there’s so many scents to choose from!
- Sleep-aid: Add a few drops onto your pillow to inhale the aroma for a soothing sleep.
- I highly recommend lavender oil for this! Like I said above, I use it as a laundry detergent on our sheets and towels. Lavender is said to promote relaxation and is believed to treat for anxiety, insomnia, allergies, and even menstrual cramp. Thank me later!!
- Skin-care: Add a few drops to your favorite lotions and/or body washes for skin-boosting properties.
- I use coconut oil as lotion most days, so if I want a little flavor, I just add a drop or two of essential oils.
- Hair-care: Add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner for an extra boost of shine and protection.
- Grapefruit Oil is often used in Skin Care and Hair Care remedies, so you can add that little boost by using some in your hair care.
Which Essential Oils To Get and Where To Buy
I’ve been religiously using the Majestic Pure 100% Natural & Pure Oil. I love that Majestic Pure creates therapeutic grade oils that are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans, too.
You can find the one I love and use HERE. It’s under $20 and available in 17 scents.
Below is a list of several scents that Majestic Pure makes, and some of their benefits. I highly recommend the Grapefruit and Lavender!
Basil is a natural deodorizer. It promotes peace of Mind, Clarity, and Focus by adding a couple of drops to your favorite Diffuser
Brazilian Orange Essential Oil is known to help improve Mood, and Focus
Cedarwood Oil is known for its natural benefits on overall Skin Care
Clove – Features purifying, clarifying and cleansing properties
Cinnamon – Warm, peppery, spicy, musky smell, helpful in Relaxing the mind
Grapefruit Oil is known to ease Muscle Fatigue and is often used in Skin Care and Hair Care remedies (my go-to lately!)
Eucalyptus – Helps promote shiny thick hair
Frankincense – Promotes feelings of peace and relaxation, used as a natural household cleaner and deodorizer
Lavender – Offers fresh, sweet fragrances, helpful in soothing the mind and body
Lemon –Energizing and Uplifting with amazing cleansing and cooling properties
Lemongrass – Energizing and uplifting with amazing cleansing and cooling properties
Oregano Oil is known to for Overall Wellness and for various Skin Care benefits
Peppermint – Produces a cooling sensation and calming effect on the entire body
Rosemary – Popular for its refreshing scent w/ diffusers
Natural Spearmint Oil can help to Naturally improve energy levels
Tea Tree – known for its popularity when it comes to skin and hair care
CLICK BELOW TO SHOP: