Hi friends, Happy Tuesday! Most of us love shopping on Amazon. I’ve had my Prime account for years, and have zero intention of ever dropping it. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I love beauty products and makeup. Some questions that have arisen are whether or not buying makeup on Amazon is a good idea.
Personally, I think buying makeup on Amazon can be risky. There’s things you need to look for prior to committing. Today I’ll dive into all of the tips and tricks when shopping Amazon beauty, and answering the question, should you buy makeup on Amazon?
Should You Buy Makeup On Amazon?
So, Should You Buy Makeup On Amazon? The answer is YES, but not to all of it. Amazon is a marketplace. Almost anyone can list products to Amazon and sell them. Because there’s no transparency (truthfully) into exactly where makeup from Amazon is originating, it’s vital to do your homework to avoid buying counterfeit products. It’s pretty straight forward, and once I share the tips, you’ll know exactly how to safely shop makeup on Amazon. So today I’m sharing my favorite Amazon makeup products plus tips and tricks on how to shop smart!
My Favorite Amazon Makeup Products
My favorite Amazon makeup products are from a few well known brands: Maybelline, Neutrogena, and L’Oreal. There’s several staple items that I wear frequently and 99% of the time I order them from Amazon.
Below, I’m diving into Tips For Buying Makeup Products on Amazon, as well.
Favorite Amazon Makeup Products Details
Maybelline makes a few staple products that I absolutely love! Each of these four products below has thousands of positive reviews from products sold! This tells me they’re all legit and the best place to buy them in on Amazon Prime!
I’ve purchased L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara multiple times on Amazon. It’s under $7 and gets over 12,000 positive reviews! I also linked the L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara, which also gets over 12,400 reviews. Plus here’s a set of false lashes with 8,000+ positive reviews if you like falsies!
I can’t live without my Neutrogena makeup wipes! They’re the absolute best makeup removing wipes of all time. They get almost 10,000 positive reviews, and are clearly authentic products. I also linked the singles, which I love for travel!
Tips for Buying Makeup Products on Amazon
There’s a few important tips to buying makeup products on Amazon, in order to avoid buying counterfeit products (which can be very dangerous!).
- Read the reviews
- When buying beauty products on Amazon, read reviews! Look for photos posted from buyers and ensure previous buyers have confirmed they are authentic products
- Check who is selling the items
- If the Amazon seller is a third-party seller, it means the order is not fulfilled by Amazon, yet a third party. Many brands do this on their own, just be sure to look at WHO fulfills the order (seen right next to the “Sold by [Company]”).
- Look for items fulfilled by Amazon
- When an item is fulfilled by Amazon, it means that it’s offered by a third-party seller, but shipped from an Amazon fulfillment center straight to the buyer. Typically these are Prime products with free shipping! I’ve found these to be more reliable, but still be sure to read the reviews.
Shop all of the Makeup items I love from Amazon below: