Hi loves! Valentine’s Day is just about a week away, and I’ve heard so many requests for a blog post and Instagram video for Valentine’s Day makeup. I’m sharing a full video in my Instagram stories (also saved to highlights), as well!
I’m breaking down the steps in this post for my Valentine’s Day makeup routine!
Step 1: Face Makeup
Here are the products I use every single day for my face makeup. I swear by these! My skin has stayed completely clear without any break outs, while using these for the past six months. If you have sensitive skin like me, I highly recommend these!
- Foundation – I use shade 6 (acne friendly and seriously the only foundation I will use)
- Under Eye Concealer (I use the color Light Sand)
- Setting Powder
- Brow Gel
Step 2: Eye Shadow
Prime your eye lids using Maybelline concealer stick. I use the color Ivory. I swear by this stuff! It prevents any eye shadow creasing throughout the day.
I used the Naked3 Urban Decay Palette – which is one of my absolute faves! For Valentine’s Day, I wanted to keep the look light and romantic. I stuck with the neutral shades of pink/purple for this look. I find it goes with every outfit!
I actually own most of the Naked Palettes. If you’ve never used them, they’re absolutely amazing! You can mix and match the colors, and make beautiful eye looks with them. If you splurge on any palette, go with one of these! I even used the Naked3 palette for my best friend’s makeup look for her wedding (YES, I did her wedding make up!).
Here’s the steps:
- Coat the lid with color Strange using the flat side of the UD brush included with the Naked3 Palette
- Using the eco tools brush, use the larger blending side of the brush with color Limit
- Blend in the color Nooner with the same blending side of the eco tools brush to create a bit more depth with color
- Using the flat side of the eco tools brush, use color Buzz and pat into the crease
- Back to the blending brush, use color Factory in the far side of the crease
- Line the under eye lid with the Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
- Line the upper lid with Charlotte Tillbury’s liquid liner
Step 4: Mascara
If you’re looking for long lashes, I swear by this $6 mascara!! It’s the absolute best mascara I’ve ever used. My close second is the Charlotte Tilbury mascara (HERE), it’s just significantly more expensive. I wear it on special occasions, but I absolutely LOVE this inexpensive lengthening mascara!
The finishing touch for this look is the lips! My two favorite lipstick brands are MAC and Charlotte Tillbury. I picked up this gorgeous red color last week and fell in love! To preface, I’m not a huge red lip person, but for Valentine’s day, it’s my go to.
It’s important to line your lips to seal in the color before applying lipstick. I actually use my favorite nude lip liner before using the red lipstick. It makes your lips appear a bit more full, while sealing in the color!
If you’re looking for Valentines Day looks or gifts, check out these posts: