Happy Monday friends! It’s a new week, and it’s the best time to make the most of working from home. I’m sure it’s been a long week for everyone, but it’s time to be positive, productive, and excited for what is to come! When times get tough, we should all try and have a glass half full. I’m here for you!!
Today I’m sharing part five of this six part work from home blog series! We’re diving into being active while working from home.
The past four posts of this six part blog series can be found below:
- 5 TIPS TO BOOST PRODUCTIVITY WHILE WORKING FROM HOME
- CREATE A SCHEDULE & WORK IN BREAK TIMES
- GET DRESSED AND READY FOR THE DAY
- MAKE A WORK SPACE
I wrote a blog post sharing my home office redo! This post will help inspire you to create a beautiful workspace. It’s helped me significantly become more productive at home.
Be Active While Working From Home
Working from home and being active can be really difficult (especially with gyms closed nationwide right now). However, there is no excuse to let yourself down by being more lazy than usual (or just lazy in general).
One of the best things you can do is be active during times of being at home. Personally it is a challenge for me to be motivated to work out myself. I thrive in a gym setting. However, with no choices other than doing it on my own, I’ve nailed down exactly how to motivate myself to do it.
First, add a workout or some sort of activity to your daily schedule. I find more motivation to work out in the mornings, so I always do mine before I start my work day. If I go on walks, I take the dogs with me typically after work. I love an early evening walk with the pups and Jesse! It’s a great excuse to get outside, get the dogs exercise, and have some fresh air.
Benefits to Being Active
- Higher Energy Level
- Overall Health
- It Can Help Your Skin
- Lessen Anxiety and Stress levels
- Helps with Sleep Quality and Overall Relaxation
- Clears Your Mind & Think More Clearly
- Improves Memory & Brain Function
JUST TO NAME A FEW!!
Ideas for Being Active
- Get your steps in!
- My goal is to get 7500 steps done a day. This is about 4 miles, or 45 minutes of walking (at a slower pace).
- If you don’t have a tracker, have the goal of walking for at lesat 20 minutes daily. Whether you are indoors and walking around your home, or getting outside. Give yourself a 20 minute goal every single day and see how you feel after a week! Can you increase it to 25 or 30 minutes?
- If you have dogs, take them outside on a walk with you! It’s amazing what the fresh air will do for your energy and overall attitude!
- Jog or run
- I personally don’t like running, but I have found myself enjoying “walk jogs.” I’ll walk for 2 minutes, jog for 30 seconds and repeat 5 times.
- Do an at home workout
- My favorites are listed below! I love HIIT and spin workouts.
- If you have a bike, go on a bike ride
- Jump Rope
- This is a great way to get cardio in!
- Organize your house
- This might sound silly, but it does take energy to get your house organized! Lots of moving. Take one day of the week to organize a space in your home. You’ll be surprised at how many steps you end up getting.
- Practice Yoga
At Home Workouts
It’s an amazing time to work out at home, because most gyms and apps are offering FREE or discounted at home workouts! Here’s a few of my favorites, plus some others to help get you started.
- Bodi (HIIT classes)
- Barre 3
- Barry’s Bootcamp
- Sculpt Society
- Planet Fitness
This is the time to get active and make a habit out of being healthy!
Shop the best home activity accessories below!
Shop My Outfit Below